As your postnatal doula, my role is extremely varied, but essentially I ‘mother you’, making sure that you are physically and emotionally supported through this period for change and feel confident in meeting your own needs and the needs of your baby.
The first days and weeks after birth is an important period of healing and change in your body, getting into a groove with your baby and adjusting to your new role as a mama regardless of how you feel about your birth.
Having the space to heal and rebuild your strength at a pace that works for you benefits you and your baby in a multitude of ways. I provide support for a minimum of 2-3 hour blocks dependent on your needs usually up to the first 12 weeks after birth.
As your postnatal doula, I offer a range of services based on your needs including:
- Minimum of 2 postnatal visits
- Going over your birth experience with you
- Basic breastfeeding support ( I will signpost additional support if necessary)
- How to identify your baby’s needs
- Looking after your baby if you need a bit of time for self care - day or night
- Non- clinical counselling
- Helping you look after any siblings or carry out basic chores to help you rest and recover